Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy; Magic,
Fairy
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Everyone knows
grown-ups never get to see fairies -- they don't even believe in them. But one
day Jan, a grown-up, was sitting in her garden feeling sad when suddenly
discovered that fairies can be very real -- and quite extraordinary... Tiki
knew she'd be taking a terrible chance if she defied the Fairy Queen and used
her power to help a human, but Jan was crying because she wanted so much to
have a baby. Tiki, who was the kind of fairy who didn't always obey her queen,
just had to do something... Soon, Jan's dream comes true, and she and her
husband have a wonderful little baby girl. But Tiki has angered the queen and
now she and her human friends are up against the dark and chilling fury of a
leader who will not hesitate to unleash her most terrifying powers against
them.
This story is actually more for Middle Grade, but it is one
of those that you can’t help but to love. Jan believes that she will not be
able to have a child. Then one day in her garden she meets Tiki. The two become
friends and Tiki helps Jan so that she can have a baby. This is only the
beginning of the story. I don’t want to give too much away so I won’t go say
any more. It’s a great mother daughter story, with lots of magic. I grew up
with this book and read it so many times that my copy was destroyed. I love the
story if you hadn’t guessed. To this day I still love to pick it up from time
to time.
Publisher: Yearling
ISBN: 0440419255
Pages: 128
Series:
Volume:

No comments:
Post a Comment