Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Fantasy; Magic, Fantastical
Animals, Dragons, The Immortals, Tortall
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Thirteen-year-old
Daine has always had a knack with animals, but it’s not until she’s forced to
leave home that she realizes it’s more than a knack – it’s magic. Whit this
wild magic, not only can Daine speak to animals, but also she can make them
obey her. Daine takes a job handling horses for the Queen’s Riders, where she
meets the master mage Numair and becomes his student. Under Numair’s guidance,
Daine explores the scope of her magic. But she begins to sense other beings
too: immortals. These bloodthirsty monsters have been imprisoned in the Divine
Realms for the past four hundred years, but now someone has broken the barrier.
It’s up to Daine and her friends to defend their world from an immortal attack.
Daine is a young girl who has been
run out of the only place she could call home. She is still fearful of people
and what they may do to her if they find out her secret. After helping Numair,
he begins to teach her how to use her magic. She still doesn’t tell them
everything at first out of fear. But as time goes on she learns that she can
trust them. As more immortals show they learn that battle is on its way. Daine
actually is a big help even with both her magic and her new friends. I love
this world that Tamora has created. I think that it’s great that you get to see
the characters who I grew to love from her Song of the Lioness series. I find
that Daine is a great new character to add to the growing world of Tortall. I
can't wait to read the next book in this series, Wolf-Speaker.
Publisher: Simon Pulse
ISBN: 1416903437
Pages: 384
Series: The Immortals
Volume: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment