Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Contemporary; Dating Abuse, Violence
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Brooke Myers wants to believe she has it all: the perfect guy, the perfect relationship, the perfect life. She wants to believe it so much that she's willing to overlook the fear, the isolation, and the pain her boyfriend has caused her. She knows it isn't right but tells herself that love isn't always easy. However, when a fire destroys the restaurant during homecoming dinner, she forms an instant bond with the boy who saves her, one her boyfriend wouldn’t like. With the pain of a concussion reminding her of how bad things can get, she is forced to re-evaluate the relationship she has with her boyfriend and face the ghosts that haunt her. Brooke once believed love was all it took…but is it enough? Is it truly love when you've lost yourself in it?
At the beginning of this book Brooke is trying to figure out a why to get a way from her perfect boyfriend, only doesn’t know how. When I picked up this book I literally couldn’t put it down. I had moments that had me in tears over what was happening in the story three different times. The writing is beautiful and keeps you involved the entire time. This story is something that is more then just a good read, it is something that can help other girls see that they may not be in a good relationship. I also loved that there where two different perspectives throughout the story. I’ve read many books that have tried to do this and have failed making it very chopped. This was nothing like that it flows well from one voice to the other. I can’t say enough about this book I will be on the look out for anything else by Rebecca Green Gasper.
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
ISBN: B009YLW5NG
Pages: 316
Series:
Volume:

No comments:
Post a Comment