Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ruined A Ghost Story by Paula Morris



Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy; Ghosts
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Back Cover: Welcome to New Orleans: City of Voodoo and Beauty. Of Hurricanes and Hauntings. Rebecca Brown couldn’t feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to live while her dad is away on business. She’s staying in a creepy house with her aunt Claudia, who reads tarot cards for a living. And at the snooty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she’s invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he’s got hidden agenda. Then one night, among the oak trees in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to show Rebecca the nooks and crannies of New Orleans. There’s just one catch. Lisette is a ghost. A ghost with a deep, dark secret, and a serious score to settle. As Rebecca learns more from her ghost friend – and as she begins to trust Anton Grey – she also uncovers startling truths about her own history. Will Rebecca be able to right the wrongs of the past, or has everything been ruined beyond repair?

This is the first book in the Ruined series. Rebecca is sent to New Orleans and she doesn't understand why. Then her world is turned upside down when she starts to see a ghost. In all honesty I don’t read a lot of stories about ghosts. And for the stories that I have read there are usually more paranormal beings or creatures. But that being said I really liked this one. There is a great build up to the whole thing. Rebecca being in this new place and yet finding she has true ruts here. Yeah there are the snobby rich kids but every school has them. I love Rebecca’s cousin Aurelia and her whole description of the school, comparing everyone to the old Roman Society. This is a one of the best ghost stories I’ve ever read and have to say I can't wait to read the next book in the series, Unbroken.

Publisher: Point
ISBN: 0545042143
Pages: 320
Series: Ruined
Volume: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...