Friday, May 30, 2014

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer


Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Paranormal Romance; Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Werewolves
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Back Cover: The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.
As much as a lot of people didn't like this book because there wasn't much Edward in it, I loved the dynamic between Jacob and Bella. I even like how Jacob and Alice interacted with one another while trying to play nice for Bella. You are able to get an understanding to the relationship that grows into true friendship with Jacob and Bella. And the way Italy is described I could almost feel like I was there watching on. While this story is loosely based off of Romeo and Juliet, which I love. I found myself liking this story more for the ways it is not similar to it. It is such a well written story you can almost feel the pain of loss that Bella is going through. And while some people may not have liked it, I believe that you have to have this to round out the saga for the later story lines. I personally thought it was amazing. Looking forward to reading the next book in the Twilight Saga, Eclipse.

Publisher: Little Brown
ISBN: 0316024961
Pages: 608
Series: Twilight Saga
Volume: 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...