Saturday, May 10, 2014

Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce


Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Fantasy; Magic, Fantastical Animals, Dragons, The Immortals, Tortall
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Sent to Carthak as part of the Tortallan peace delegation, Daine finds herself in the middle of a sticky political situation. She doesn’t like the Carthaki practice of keeping slaves, but it’’s not her place to say anything – she’s just there to heal the emperor’s birds. It’’s extremely frustrating! What’s more, her power has grown in a mysterious way. As the peace talks stall, Daine puzzles over Carthak’s two-faced Emperor Ozorne. How can he be so caring with his birds and so cruel to his people? Daine is sure he’s planning something. Daine must fight the powerful Emperor Mage, knowing that the safety and peace of the realm depend on stopping Ozorne’s power-hungry schemes.

This is the third book in the Immortals series. Daine travels to Carthak to help the emperor’s birds. Only things are not what they seemed. Ok first and for most I do not like Ozorne at all. Well I guess your not supposed to but he’s just evil. I did like the power that Daine was given for the book. I found that it was great when she handled it quite nicely. I love the relationship between Numair and Daine. But I loved this book as there is so much going on and it just add more to the world of Tortallan. Numair going back to the city that he used to live and go to school. Daine making friends with the heir to the throne. It was very well done. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series of the Realms of the Gods.


Publisher: Simon PulseISBN: 1416903372
Pages: 358
Series: The Immortals
Volume: 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...