Genre: Paranormal Romance;
Vampires, Shapeshifters, Hunters
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Set in modern-day New
York City, Devour weaves a spellbinding tale about a woman who will journey
into the heart of danger to fulfill her destiny… The Hunter She has one reason
for coming to Manhattan. It is her fate. The latest in a long line of werewolf
hunters, she has come for him. The Werewolf Dashing Pierre de Montfort has
rarely had trouble hiding his cursed heritage. But now, with his secret about
to be revealed, he is willing to do anything – and savage anyone – in order to
stay alive. The Vampire Beautiful and intrepid Catherine Marais has no qualms
about her destiny. Nothing will stop her from destroying the last Montfort
werewolf – not even Ian Morgan, the two-hundred-year-old vampire whose
electrifying touch could tempt Catherin to indulge in a forbidden darkness from
which she may never return.
This is the first book in the Vivian Roussel series. I was
sad to say left me wanting. It stated to being a Paranormal Romance. But I
didn’t feel that it was really a romance novel. I thought that it is more of an
Urban Fantasy. I just didn’t find the story to be compelling but I wanted to
give the writer another try and will give the next book in this series, Prey a
try.
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
ISBN: 0451222512
Pages: 336
Series: Vivian Roussel
Volume: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment