Genre: Paranormal Romance;
Werewolves, Witchs, Demons, Tales of an Urban
Werewolf
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Wildly independent,
she’s not one for pack mentality. On the outside, Sophie Garou is living every
woman’s dream: She has beauty, brains, and a big-time position in Austin ’s most respected
accounting firm (not to mention a very sexy, very successful new boyfriend).
But there’s one thing Sophie would rather keep under wraps: She’s a werewolf.
Sophie’s life gets a little more hairy when her long-estranged father, Luc,
arrives in the Live Music Capital to attend the werewolves’ annual Howl and
reconnect with his daughter. But Luc’s plans fall apart after he’s accused of
murder and arrested by his archrival, Wolfgang, leader of the Houston pack (and one notoriously dirty dog).
Wolfgang drools at the thought of Luc’s impending execution, but Sophie won’t
let her father die without a fight. Determined to prove his innocence, she and
her friends set out to find the real killer. Along the way, Sophie must deal
with Taboo attractions, Machiavellian intrigues, sinister agendas, and
hair-raising betrayals.
This is the third
book in the Tales of an Urban Werewolf. I love where this story is
going. Sophie the lone wolf gets forced to deal with a lot in this book. First
you finally meet her father, Luc. Who at first I really did not like at all.
Then there was the whole twist about him being accused for murder. But that was
far from twists. There is so much that is going on, that you better have your
thinking cap on. But it’s so good that I was on the edge of my seat the whole
time. And the fight scenes are brilliant. Mark is one scary dude that I’m
curios what will happen with his character. Tom again is my favorite and
watching him with Sophie it like true magic between them. Then Sophie does
exactly what she never wanted to do just to save her father, changing two of
her dear friends so that they can help her. I loved how this whole story seemed
to just keep layering on to itself, making it that much better because there
was so much to it.
I absolutely could not get enough of these books. Karen
MacInerney is someone that I will be watching from now on. And I hope to read
more about this world. I know you all will love them just as much as I did.
Publisher: Ballantine Books
ISBN: 0345496272
Pages: 352
Series: Tales of an Urban Werewolf
Volume: 3

No comments:
Post a Comment