Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy; Fairy, The
Faire Fold Trilogy
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Keelie Heartwood was a typical California girl.
Unless you count: An “allergy “ to wood, Her freaky boot-wearing cat,
Conversations with trees, Attacking fairies, one strangely pointed ear. When
her mother dies, fifteen-year-old Keelie Heartwood is forced to leave her
beloved California to live with her nomadic father at a renaissance festival in
Colorado. Playacting the Dark Ages is an L.A. girl’s worst nightmare. Keelie
has a plans to ditch this medieval geekland ASAP, but while she plots, strange
things begin to happen – eerie, yet familiar. Some of the festival dwellers
have ears just like her, including the hottest guy on a horse, Sean o’ the
Wood. When Keelie starts seeing fairies and communicating with trees, she knows
her dad has some explaining to do.
Keelie starts off hating everything about going to Colorado, and having to deal with a father she believes ditched her. As the story goes on she discovers just how wrong she is about a lot of aspects of her life. I love this story as I have been a part of the whole Renaissance festival both as a participant and as someone who just enjoys them. And as I spent my summers growing up in Colorado, I have been to their festival there. So I found it quite fun remembering all the places that are talked about in this book. I love Sean and Keelie’s interaction, and how they are so uncertain of one another. This book is brilliantly written. I loves how Keelie is learning not only about this new world around her but also herself and what she is capable of. Looking forward to see where this series goes in the next book, Into the Wildewood.
Keelie starts off hating everything about going to Colorado, and having to deal with a father she believes ditched her. As the story goes on she discovers just how wrong she is about a lot of aspects of her life. I love this story as I have been a part of the whole Renaissance festival both as a participant and as someone who just enjoys them. And as I spent my summers growing up in Colorado, I have been to their festival there. So I found it quite fun remembering all the places that are talked about in this book. I love Sean and Keelie’s interaction, and how they are so uncertain of one another. This book is brilliantly written. I loves how Keelie is learning not only about this new world around her but also herself and what she is capable of. Looking forward to see where this series goes in the next book, Into the Wildewood.
Publisher: Flux
ISBN: 0738710814
Pages: 336
Series: The Faire Folk
Volume: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment