Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Paranormal Romance;
Vampires, High School
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Marrying a vampire
definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. Enter a
bizarre new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu who claims Jessica is a
Romanian vampire princess by birth and he’s her long-lost fiancé. He’s
arrogant, officious, embarrassingly overprotective, and, well, incredibly hot.
Armed with a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating,
Health, and Emotions, Jessica tries to imagine the transition from an average
American teenager to a glam European vampire princess. But just when things
start to heat up with Lucius, a devious cheerleader sets her sights on him.
Soon Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global
vampire war – and save Lucius’s soul from eternal damnation. All of which
leaves her to wonder: Wouldn’t life be easier if she could just fall for a nice
moral boy?
Jess is a no nonsense kind of girl, your typical mathlete.
She believes in logical explanations for everything. And doesn’t believe in
things that go bump in the night. Even when they arrive at her door claiming to
be her fiancé. Lucius who has been raised knowing who and what he is arrives to
charm and claim his fiancé but finds her not inclined with the idea of him. I
have to say that this story had a great plot. I really felt bad for Lucius. He
just has a hard time till the end. I’d love to know what was going through his
mind in some of the scenes. I found this story very enjoyable with great
characters and a story that you couldn’t wait to see what was to happen. I look
forward to reading the next book, Jessica Rules the Dark Side.
Publisher: Harcourt Children’s Books
ISBN: 0547259409
Pages: 384
Series: Jessica
Volume: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment