Genre: Paranormal Romance;
Vampires, Soulless Humans
Sub Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: In the shadows of the
night in Caldwell , New York , there’s a deadly turf war raging
between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like
no other – six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly
beast, Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Within the
brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He’s the best
fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover –
for inside him burns a ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this
dark side, Rhage fears the times when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him
a danger to everyone around him. Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships, is
unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant on Rhage’s protection.
With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She
lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage’s intense animal
attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary
his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain
life eternal with the one she loves…
In book two we get Rhage’s story and he is one of the
scarier brothers. When her first meets Mary he can’t help but want to be close
to her. He even makes her friend set them up on a date so that he can be with
her in a more intimate setting. While Mary isn’t sure why this gorgeous man is
so interested because she doesn’t feel that she is worthy of someone like him.
Due to the fact that she has been sick and can no longer have children. I love
that Rhage is willing to give up everything including Mary so that she can live
a full life. And even taking on his curse for all eternity. I feel that of the
brothers that I have read about so far Rhage is the most noble. I really cried
when Rhage made his request of the Scribe Virgin. I thought that she was not
being fair to him or to Mary. But I love how this turned out. The writing is
brilliant. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series, Lover
Awakened.
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
ISBN: 0451218043
Pages: 464
Series: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Volume: 2

No comments:
Post a Comment