Genre: Fiction
Sub Genre: Science Fiction; Sea
Monsters, 1800’s
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Sense and Sensibility
and Sea Monsters expands the original text of the beloved Jane Austen novel
with all-new scenes of giant lobsters, rampaging octopi, two-headed sea
serpents, and other biological monstrosities. As our story opens, the Dashwood
sisters are evicted from their childhood home and sent to live on a mysterious
island full of savage creatures and dark secrets. While sensible Elinor falls
in love with Edward Ferrars, her romantic sister Marianne is courted by both
the handsome Willoughby and the hideous man-monster Colonel Brandon. Can the
Dashwood sisters triumph over meddlesome matriarchs and unscrupulous rogues to
find true love? Or will they fall prey to the tentacles that are forever
snapping at their heels? This masterful portrait of Regency England blends Jane
Austen’s biting social commentary with ultraviolent depictions of sea monsters
biting. It’s survival of the fittest – and only the swiftest swimmers will find
true love!
Quirk has done it again. Found a brilliant writer to combine
Jane Austen’s classic Sense and Sensibility and add their own little twist. The
combination of sea monsters and underwater living in 1800’s England was
amazing. This was actually the first Jane Austen book I ever read. Whereas I
love Pride and Prejudice, I have a special place for this story. I found the
additions to be to only enhance the story. You must read this as it very well
written and a great read.
Publisher: Quirk Classics
ISBN: 1594744424
Pages: 344
Series:
Volume:

No comments:
Post a Comment