Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Parnormal; Science Fiction; Time Travel
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful
cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time.
But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin
to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother
would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush
up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly
gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence
becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and
Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in
contemporary London, they can trust.
This is a series that comes from Germany and is even being
made into a movie over there. The story starts us off with learning about
Gwyneth's family and how she is so glad she is not her cousin Charlotte. But
then her world is turned on it's ear when it is she not Charlotte that is the
family's time traveler. The family is in an uproar over being lied to and there
is so much for Gwyneth to learn. It is a brilliantly told story. While I was
reading it I felt as though I was on the edge of my seat. I wanted to know
where and when Gwyneth was going. I can't wait to read the next book in the
trilogy, Sapphire Blue.
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
ISBN: 0805092528
Pages: 336
Series: Ruby Red
Volume: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment