Genre: Young Adult
Sub Genre: Fantasy; Magic, Tortall,
Song of the Lioness
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: “Let her prove herself worthy as a man.” Newly
knighted, Alanna of Trebond seeks adventure in the vast desert of Tortall .
Captured by fierce desert dwellers, she is forced to prove herself in a duel to
the death – either she will be killed or she will be inducted into the tribe.
Although she triumphs, dire challenges lie ahead. As her mythic fate would have
it, Alanna soon becomes the tribe’s first female shaman – despite the desert
dwellers’ gave fear of the foreign woman warrior. Alanna must fight to change
the ancient tribal customs of the desert tribes – for their sake and for the
sake of all Tortall.
This is the third book in the Sond of the Lioness series. Alanna
gains not only a tribe but a new father that loves her in Sir Myles. Which was
one of the characters that I loved from the first time you meet him. This was
great as Alanna finally totally embraced her magic and learns along with the
young youths that are also gifted. She must train them until they can take over
and protect their tribe. She does have a falling out with Prince Jonathan that
at first I was very unhappy about. But I realize that I don’t think Alanna
would ever be happy as the Queen of Tortall. I did enjoy the growing
relationship between Alanna and George. Beautifully written story that I
couldn’t put down. I can't wait to read the next book in this series, Lioness
Rampant.
Publisher: Simon Pulse
ISBN: 0689878583
Pages: 304
Series: Song of the Lioness
Volume: 3

No comments:
Post a Comment