Genre: Historical Romance; 1800’s
Sub Genre: Paranormal Romance;
Ghosts
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Back Cover: Dear Reader, I own
that I’ve fallen in love with my new husband! And I knew very well I shouldn’t.
Though handsome and charming in a rakish way, Lucas Davin is a cutpurse from
one of the worst criminal districts in London. I married him in a desperate
attempt to keep my inheritance. No gentleman of Quality would have me, you see,
because my estate is haunted by Lord Barrett Hamilton – a 300-year-old ghost. I
never believed the ghost existed until I saw Lucas suddenly transform into the
very likeness of a gentleman – even a Lord! Is it possible, Gentle Reader, that
he has been possessed by the ghost of Lord Hamilton? If so, should I have the
ghost exorcised? If I do, then Lucas will return to his old life of thievery,
and I will never see him again. If I don’t, his very life may be in danger!
Please respond quickly, for my heart aches with the sweetest and most
unladylike passion. I will manage as best I can until I receive good tidings
and advice from you! Mrs. Lucas Davin (nie Miss Caroline Wainwright).
So I picked up another Historical because the back was just
so intriguing. Caroline is just trying to get married, but everyone who comes
around gets scared off by the ghost. Lucas has been stealing for most his life.
Now the two come together Caroline hoping to keep her home and Lucas gets set
for life. I loved this story. Caroline is a strong character who is driven and
knows what she wants. Lucas hates the wealth of Society and just wants to makes
things better for himself and his boys. It just makes him a stronger character.
This is one of those great stories that you will like a lot.
Publisher: Berkley
ISBN: 0425174816
Pages: 358
Series:
Volume:

No comments:
Post a Comment