Friday, June 20, 2014

Out Through The Attic by Quincy J. Allen


Genre: Science Fiction; Steampunk; Fantasy; Horror; Cross-Genre; Short Story
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Back Cover: Thirteen fantastic tales from the cavorting, twisted mind of Quincy J. Allen, Out Through the Attic covers everything from steampunk and fantasy to sci-fi and horror. It’s a cross-genre smorgasbord that’s sure to hit the right spot, with a dose or two of straight-up genre fiction for the meat-and-taters appetite.

This is a collection of short stories that are all different types of genres and is brilliantly written. These thirteen tales are so full of life and have a depth to them that isn't always shown in short story collections like this one. Each tale creates a world that sucks you in, the writing is imaginative and compelling. Since this is a book of short stories I don’t want to go into what each tale is about for fear of giving away to much. I will say that my favorite stories where 17 and Baby WEI. The book kept me on the edge of my seat and once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more of Quincy J. Allen’s work.

Publisher:
7DS Books
ISBN:
978-0692204566
Pages: 252
Series:
Volume: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...